If you are looking for a festive, colorful and delicious salad, for your July 4th cookout, look no more! When I think of the all American sandwich, I think BLT. Now combine those flavors with a summer classic, pasta salad, and you have a perfect side dish. As most of my dishes do, this too is semi homemade with a store bought component, Italian dressing. My new obsession is Olive Garden Italian dressing, that I find in my local grocery store.
- 8 C cooked pasta; drained & cooled. I used penne
- 1 1/4 C sliced cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 C fresh baby spinach, lightly chopped
- 12 oz bacon; cooked & roughly chopped
- 2 C your favorite Italian dressing or vinaigrette.
Mix all ingredients in lg bowl. Cover and chill several hours. If you have time, chill over night as the flavors will have more time to mingle.